Mirimirage

Allusion is not Illusion

Winter's Tales
Karen Blixen, Isak Dinesen
Black Lamb and Grey Falcon (Penguin Classics)
Rebecca West, Christopher Hitchens
Jackie Simmonds
Lonely Werewolf Girl
Martin Millar
Japanese Photography: Desire and Void - Gerald Matt, Peter Weiermair
I wonder if it is for once deliberate that the cover image is missing from this goodreads entry; Morimura's "Red Marilyn" is not exactly Safe For Work.

Rather an unfortunate choice for the cover. Although it is certainly eye-catching, I suspect more people are put off or too embarrassed to purchase it than are attracted. And those who pick it up for the nude probably put it back when they've paged through and seen all the photos of concrete canals and monochrome seascapes (the monochrome seascapes were my favorite).

Hiroshi Sugimoto, North Atlantic Ocean, Cliffs of Mother I

At the opposite end of the spectrum, I also liked Miwa Yanagi's complex and hyper-colorful depictions of arcades and department stores.

Yanagi, Aquajenne in Paradise

Other photographers included in this collection are Nobuyashi Araki, Naoya Hatakeyama, Noritoshi Hirakawa, Miyako Ishiuchi, Osamu Kanemura, Mariko Mori, Sakiko Namura, Manabu Yamanaka, and Toshihiro Yashiro.