Mirimirage

Allusion is not Illusion

Winter's Tales
Karen Blixen, Isak Dinesen
Black Lamb and Grey Falcon (Penguin Classics)
Rebecca West, Christopher Hitchens
You Can Sketch: A Step-by-Step Guide for Absolute Beginners
Jackie Simmonds
Lonely Werewolf Girl
Martin Millar
Flight Volume Five (Flight Graphic Novels) - I didn't enjoy the first story, the wordless "Broken Path" by Michael Gagne very much, although the fox-like character was pretty cute despite the crystal shard of whatever creepily embedded in his head, but fortunately I kept reading and liked most of the other entries. My favorites:

"Igloo Head and Tree Head in Disguise" by Scott Campbell. Hilarity! Tacos!

"Changeling" by Sarah Mensinga was a great story. The art wasn't anything special, to me, but the twist the changeling trope was very well played.

"Mountains" by Matthew Bernier was fascinatingly surreal. Two characters living on a desert island wake to find their mountains have vanished, replaced masses of giant creatures. A conundrum, indeed.

Paul Rivoche's "Flowers for Mama" seemed to be an installment in a steam-punk "Aeronautical Adventures" series that I'll definitely have to seek out more of.

"Timecat" was a great little dose of cuteness. The full "cover" page is oddly a-representative.

Dave Raman's cartoonish "This Morning I woke up to discover I was The Chosen One" was very clever and I think would be a hoot for anyone familiar with the fantasy cliches, especially Harry Potter.

Svetlana's Chmakova's sweetly drawn and colored "On the Importance of Space Travel" was pitch-perfect and I think would be great re-issued as a stand-alone in picture book format for a younger audience (not that it isn't great for teens and adults, but I think elementary kids could read this one as well).

Unfortunately my library does not have any other volume of Flight, but I will definitely be tracking down more by the contributors.