Mirimirage

Allusion is not Illusion

Winter's Tales
Karen Blixen, Isak Dinesen
Black Lamb and Grey Falcon (Penguin Classics)
Rebecca West, Christopher Hitchens
You Can Sketch: A Step-by-Step Guide for Absolute Beginners
Jackie Simmonds
Lonely Werewolf Girl
Martin Millar
There Is a Dragon in My Bed - S. Joslin Allons en France! There we will learn useful French phrases to employ in common situations such as passing through customs, obtaining a hotel room, being trampled by the Republican Guard, sight-seeing, etc. A few travel suggestions, such as the use of the mosquito net to keep off dragons, may be outdated, but this is offset my Joslin's salutary inclusion of phrases which first-time travelers may otherwise neglect, such as how to decline a heaping bowl of spinach for breakfast or what to say when conversing with a statue of Napoleon. Also included are quotidian necessities such as J'ai vraiment besoin d'un glace (I greatly desire an ice cream), J'aime beaucoup lire (I love to read) and Mon chapeau est mouille (my hat is wet). Don't honeymoon by boat to a French illustrators conference in the 1950s without it!

Although goodreads doesn't show this information, the author is the [author:Sesyle Joslin books et al, and it is illustrated by Irene Haas.