Mirimirage

Allusion is not Illusion

Winter's Tales
Karen Blixen, Isak Dinesen
Black Lamb and Grey Falcon (Penguin Classics)
Rebecca West, Christopher Hitchens
You Can Sketch: A Step-by-Step Guide for Absolute Beginners
Jackie Simmonds
Lonely Werewolf Girl
Martin Millar
Come Look with Me: Enjoying Art with Children (Come Look with Me) - Gladys S. Blizzard The reproductions are of good quality, and I suppose the presence of children in the images would make it more appealing to kids. I didn't think the questions on the facing pages were very interesting and I personally would be able to make up just as good or better ones, but maybe other people aren't good at that. And when I was a kid I would rather have made up stories about what was going on in each image. I do really like the concept -- parents looking at art with their kids and talking about it -- but many regular art books would work just as well (in fact that's what my family used!) so there isn't a strong need to go out and buy this specific one.

Another suggestion for parents: look at art reproductions with your child and see which pictures they like best. Then cut out or copy the images and paste them into a magazine or scrapbook so you and your child can make his/her own art book together. My mother made a book like this when I was three or so (I'm sure she did all the gluing) and I loved it. You don't have to even use all "museum" type art, you can include material from other sources as well.