Mirimirage

Allusion is not Illusion

Winter's Tales
Karen Blixen, Isak Dinesen
Black Lamb and Grey Falcon (Penguin Classics)
Rebecca West, Christopher Hitchens
You Can Sketch: A Step-by-Step Guide for Absolute Beginners
Jackie Simmonds
Lonely Werewolf Girl
Martin Millar
The Ghost of Windy Hill - Clyde Robert Bulla Professor Carver once lived in a supposedly haunted house as a favor to the owner, a friend, to show that there was nothing to be frightened of. Now a stranger asks him to do it again. Initially reluctant, the Professor agrees and takes his wife and two children on a vacation from Boston to the countryside. The story focuses on Lorna and Jamie as they enjoy having their own rooms, explore the woods, meet some odd neighbors, and bake. Gentle and not at all frightening, this is an easy, comforting read suitable for all ages. The story is not the most memorable, but it is interesting enough, and I liked the positive relationship of the siblings and parents, who all get along and treat one another respectfully and sensitively. It is supposedly to be set in 1851 but feels later.